Dr. Ann's News
"Just Say Whoa! to Insulin Resistance" by following these steps.
Just Say Whoa! to Insulin Resistance
- Minimize/avoid the "Great White Hazards" -- white flour products, white rice, white potatoes, sugar/sweets
- Eat as many non-starchy vegetables as possible. The superstars for insulin resistance are onions, broccoli, okra, Brussel sprouts, dark leafy greens, tomatoes, red/orange/yellow bell peppers
- Eat more beans. Strive for at least 1 serving a day.
- Include 2-3 servings of physically intact whole grains (brown rice, oats, barley, Quinoa, etc) in your diet each day.
- Make sure your move. It is impossible to keep your insulin working unless you get at least 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity 5 days a week.
- Do not skip breakfast.
Copyright 2009, Just Wellness, LLC
_________________________________Wellness Delivered. Pure & Simple
1 Pitt Street / Charleston, SC 29401 / Tel: 843.329.1238 / Fax: 843.973.3499 / www.DrAnnwellness.com